*Insurance Coverage is available for this service under "Nutritionist" on select plans from Manulife, Sunlife, GreenShield, IA Insurance, ClaimSecure, Blue Cross, and more!
How do I schedule an online consult?
- STEP 1: Please select the Initial Consultation option above. You will be directed to make a payment for this service through our secure portal. *N.B., If you have already completed an initial consultation with us, then select the "Follow-up" option.
- STEP 2: Your practitioner, Shawn Persaud, will contact you directly within 24 hours, after your payment is received, to schedule a consultation date and to discuss your consultation options, including a video call, phone call, live chat, or e-mail.
- STEP 3: Once a consultation date is confirmed, you will be sent instructions on how to prepare for your consultation.
Functional Biochemistry Evaluation:
- Learn how specific nutritional imbalances are linked to your symptoms or diagnosis.
- Dietary management is used to optimize digestion, reduce inflammation, boost the metabolism, balance hormones, eliminate cravings, achieve/maintain a healthy weight, and provide your body with the fuel & energy it needs to heal.
- Detoxification protocols are used to remove toxic metals, chemicals, and radiation from the body's tissues.
- Nutritional Counselling & Guidance is given for those requiring special diets (i.e., gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan, prenatal, paediatric, sport performance, etc.).
- Supplements & natural medicines are recommended based on individual needs and clients are educated on how to properly use them (i.e., taking the optimal dosage, determining the best time of day to use them, avoiding possible interactions with medications, etc.).
- Comprehensive Health History Assessment.
- Clinical Nutritional Assessment to target nutrient deficiencies and excesses.
- Comprehensive Food Sensitivities Assessment.
- Metabolic Assessment to target and address hormonal imbalances.
- Advanced Genomics Assessment targeting genetic mutations, known as single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP's), which may be impairing the metabolism and affecting the body's ability to assimilate vital nutrients.
- Micro-biome Assessment to evaluate the balance of good vs. bad bacteria in the gut.
- Initial Consultation also includes: Customized Report highlighting diet and lifestyle recommendations; Recipe e-book customized to your needs; Meal ideas; Grocery list of product/brand recommendations.
- Diet & Supplement Protocols may be recommended after each session.
- Complementary coaching, as needed, by phone, e-mail, and/or text message between follow-ups to help you stay on track by answering your questions, helping you implement recommendations, and for extra encouragement!